Depart with us from bustling Portland Harbor as we tour one of Maine’s most picturesque boating destinations. Casco Bay is littered with islands, historic forts, wildlife, birds, and lighthouses in our unique 14-passenger RIB boat.
Mere Point Oyster Farm Tour
- Adult Ages 12+
- Child Ages 6-11 | Minimum Height Required of 48 inches
- Private Charter
Join us on a scenic ride of Casco Bay on our way to tour one of Maine’s premier oyster farms.
Along the way we will cruise through some of Casco Bay’s less visited waters for great wildlife viewing before arriving at Mere Point Oyster Farm. The tour will include a shucking demonstration, a tour by boat of the farm, opportunities to watch the crew at work tumbling and sorting oysters as well as 6 included samples to slurp down! This is a great way to combine a scenic boat ride with a first-hand experience of one of Maine’s burgeoning sustainable fisheries. Seats are limited and sell out quickly so book while you can!
What To Expect
- A first-class adventure tour without any crowds
- A narrated Casco Bay Adventure
- Amazing wildlife and scenery
- Amazing photo opportunities
- Custom POD seats for maximum comfort
- 360 Degree views for everyone
- Educational face-to-face interactions
- Complimentary water
- Cooler with ice
- The best Captain and Crew in the business.
What You Need to Bring
- Your camera (make sure it’s charged)
- Warm clothing (dressing in layers is always smart)
- Sturdy Footwear (flip flops are fine)
What Not to Bring
- Large bags
- High heels
- We also recommend NOT wearing a dress
After you Book your Tour
- You will be emailed a receipt immediately after you book. The receipt will contain all the necessary information that you will need.
- You will be emailed a waiver that must be signed by everyone in your party.
- YOU DO NOT NEED A PHYSICAL TICKET.
- Please meet at our ticket booth located at 1 Marina Way in Portland 20 minutes before your scheduled trip. The Captain or mate will meet you and take you to the boat 10 minutes prior to your tour.
- There is very little storage aboard the boat – please no large bags or coolers.
- If you are taking a child, we have life jackets for children that are between 50lbs and 90lbs.
New England EcoAdventures reserves the right to cancel a tour due to unsafe sea or weather conditions or maintenance needs which does not allow the boat to operate properly. In such a case, New England EcoAdventures will try to reschedule the tour if possible. If it isn’t possible passengers will receive a full refund.
All Cancellations must be made at least 48 hours prior to the scheduled departure date. If canceled less than 48 hours or if a no-show occurs the customer will be responsible for the full amount of the excursion.
As we have minimum space on our boats when a customer reserves a specific date and time that booking is held exclusively for that customer and no longer available to other customers which is why we need a minimum of at least 48 hours to potentially fill the canceled seats prior to the trip.